Accounting Service for the Alpharetta & Atlanta Real Estate Market
The real estate industry is not a one-size-fits-all approach, there are many unique tax benefits available to the real estate industry. Every company faces a unique set of market forces and individual circumstances that can impact or interrupt financial performance. Here, at Marshall Jones we take the time to get to know you, your business, and your goals. We focus on proactively managing your cash flow and navigating tax laws and reporting regulations.
We have extensive experience working alongside real estate developers, property managers, owners, investors, and partnerships through a wide variety of real estate transactions. Our team takes a hand-on approach being readily available to bring you practical advice and honesty. We are focused on building long-term success and helping you minimize your tax bill and taking advantage of the many deductions you will need in the ever-changing market.
Why You Need Accounting Services for Your Real Estate Company in Atlanta
There has never been a more exciting time to be a professional in Atlanta’s real estate sector. Home prices across the nation have been doing well, and with today’s technology, investors can purchase and sell real estate across the country and around the world. The rise of short-term rentals has given investors and developers new tools and markets to generate profits.
At the same time, many cities and neighborhoods are creating new regulations which can affect developers, investors, landlords and others in the real estate market. Staying on top of the changes can feel daunting. As you pursue new opportunities, you can rely on real estate accounting services from Marshall Jones.
Our accounting services for real estate companies in Atlanta offers several strategic advantages:
- It saves you time: Taking care of bookkeeping, cash flow forecasting and other needs frees you up to meet with potential buyers. It lets you run your business and take care of the work that matters.
- It keeps you compliant: Are you ready when the IRS shows up? If someone wants to see your books to ensure you are complying with state or local laws, are you prepared? Marshall Jones professional-grade services ensure your bookkeeping and accounting are handled by professionals and are checked by a certified public accountant so you enjoy peace of mind. Our certified professionals take part in ongoing training and have decades of combined experience, ensuring you can feel comfortable your finances are in good hands.
- It keeps you lean: Hiring a full-time professional can be costly. You need to find the right accountant, provide a workspace and pay benefits, insurance and a salary. It may not make sense to hire a full-time professional if your business is evolving, as so many in real estate are. By the time you have finished onboarding, you may need an accountant with a whole new set of skills. With Marshall Jones, you can free up cash flow by only paying for services you need. You don’t have to pay for workers’ compensation insurance, office space or the other costs of hiring full-time. By staying lean, you get to keep more of your profits in pocket.
- It maximizes your profits: Marshall Jones not only provides bookkeeping services for your real estate company in Atlanta, but we also work as your partner in success. Our goal is to help you maximize your profits through accounting services to help you identify and target new opportunities. Our outsourcing and cloud-based services are always at your disposal, so you’re poised to take advantage of new possibilities when they happen.
Are you ready to grow your real estate business? While you are the professional when it comes to property, real estate markets and development, the Marshall Jones team is the professional when it comes to accounting and financials. Reach out to Marshall Jones today to schedule an appointment and discuss your real estate business and its needs.
Audit & Assurance for the Real Estate Industry
Real estate audit and assurance services work in tandem, ensuring company financial statements are accurate, compliant and prepared correctly. Together, audit and assurance services protect owners and interested parties from compliance or disclosure errors. Audit and assurance services serve to control and manage risk and can reveal new opportunities:
- Real Estate Audit: A real estate audit is a professional test of company financial documents. Audits are incredibly thorough, checking financial statements for accuracy and weighing them against all applicable real estate industry laws, policies and regulations.
- Assurance Services: Assurance services protect owners, partners and other interested parties from errors in accounting, compliance or disclosure.
Together, audit and assurance services ensure you’re getting the best value from your resources. Assurance services help manage challenging tax scenarios. They also offer valuable company insights for mitigating risk and gauging business financial performance. Gain the most from your assets with audit and assurance services by Marshall Jones Certified Public Accountants And Advisors.
Tax Planning and Preparation for the Real Estate Industry
Tax planning and preparation requirements vary by industry. What works for one may not for another. That’s why it’s essential to work with a firm experienced with real estate laws and regulations. At Marshall Jones, we have the experience you need. We’ve helped real estate companies across Atlanta with comprehensive tax planning and preparation services for over 30 years.
Real Estate Tax Preparation and Planning
All businesses need tax strategies to remain compliant, minimize liability and maximize tax discounts. In the real estate industry, tax planning often involves calculating an incredible number of small expenses against irregular sources of income. Our real estate tax advisory services take the hassle out of preparation so you can get back to doing what you do best.
The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act changed real estate tax preparation. Some deductions are gone, others are capped and exemptions have changed. No matter how you filed before 2017, things have changed since then. At Marshall Jones, our certified public accountants and advisors work to find the maximum deductions for the real estate industry, saving you real money.
Bookkeeping General Ledger Facilitation Accounting System Sourcing and Set-up Accounts Payable/Receivable and Bill Pay Payroll Preparation and Tax Reporting Financial Statement Analysis and Preparation Sales and Use Tax-Related Consulting Revenue Management Accounting Management and Financial Analysis Disbursement Management CFO Services Cloud Accounting
We also offer advisory services, including:
- Cost Segregation Studies
- Energy Incentives Consulting
- Research & Development (R&D) Tax Credits
- Like-Kind Exchanges
- Historic Preservation Tax Credits
- Cash Flow Forecasting/ROI Analysis
- Business Continuation, Succession Planning and Exit Strategies
- Repair Regulations Technology Consulting
- Mergers and Acquisitions Cost
- Certification Lease Agreement
- Verifications Business Valuations
- Fraud and Forensic Accounting
- Lease Accounting